TypeScript got much attention from the developers once angular adopts it.
TypeScript was publicly made available on October 2012 by Microsoft.
What is Typescript?
- It works on any browser, any host (Node.js, Java), any OS and open source
- Static typing (optional)
- Encapsulation through classes and modules
- Support for interfaces
- Arrow functions (lambda expressions in .NET)
- Intellisense and syntax checking through IDEs
- Improves maintainability of the code
- LESS bugs as type checking is in place
What is Static type checking?
Static type checking allows you to define the datatypes for your variables, method parameters, method return values and object properties. The compiler will evaluate the program at compile time and report any syntactical issues are there in the program.
Wait! What does it mean by transpilation or what is transpiler?
Transpilation is a process converting the code from one language into other languages. Transpilers are source to source compilers.
Below is the series of blog posts about type script.